As someone who wasn’t completely satisfied with the casting choice of Henry Cavill as Clark Kent in the upcoming “Superman: Man of Steel” film, I decided to take some other actors who were in strong consideration for the role and insert their identities into the first “official” photo we were given of the film:
* Click on the image to enlarge it. Once you do that, click on it AGAIN to make it even larger.
* Tom Welling looks the best as Superman here in my opinion. One might wonder why he didn’t get the role in the first place, but that same person probably doesn’t realize the range on his acting is the real life equivalent to Eeyore.
* Matt Bomer portrays a vault stealing trickster in USA Network’s hit series, “White Collar.” Which, btw, is a completely awesome show. Ridiculously skinny though. Giving him CGI muscles throughout the entire duration of the film would’ve run the budget dry. Fact.
* Jon Hamm would’ve been an even more ridiculous casting choice, though. In which case, the title of the film most certainly would’ve been changed to, “Superman of a Certain Age” staring Ray Ramono in a supporting role as General Zod.
* All it takes is one Taco Bell commercial…just ONE…to ruin someone’s career. Sorry, Joe Manganiello…